How Can I Schedule A Post?
What are my options in terms of scheduling?
Once you finish customizing your piece of content you might want to schedule it instead of publishing it right away.
There are 3 ways how to schedule a post:
- Schedule it on a specific day and time;
- Add it to queue;
- Schedule it to a particular time slot.
Schedule on a certain day and time
There may be a slight difference in the flow depending on where you start.
- If you pick a template from Post Ideas or create a post from scratch with the Create Post button or Graphics Editor, then click on Schedule as shown below. Mini calendar will pop up, where you choose the day and time.
- If you click on New Post in the Calendar, the post editor page will look slightly different.
The text on top will notify you about the day and time the post is supposed to go live. If you miss it and hit Schedule, a message will pop up not giving you a possibility to choose the right time.
In order to avoid this, click on the suggested date and pick the right time.
A mini calendar will pop up in your window, so you can choose the right time. (Pictured above)
Add to Queue
Adding a post to the queue means adding it to the timetable previously set up either by you or by our proprietary AI tool called Autopilot.
Clicking the Add To Queue button the post will take the nearest available slot.
Before getting to this option, make sure that your schedule is fine-tuned. Please, read the article that explains what the Time Slots are and how you can tweak the queue settings here.
Add Post to a Time Slot
Scheduling a post to a certain Time Slot means scheduling it on a particular day and time in the timetable previously set up either by you or Autopilot.
Hit the blue New Post button, which signifies the best time to post and the most relevant content type to share at the selected time.
Next, you can choose one of the suggested templates, pick a different one or create your own visual.
Regardless of the button you click in this modal, the result will be the same:
- The day and time of the post will be highlighted
- There'll be only one option - 'Schedule', but not 'Publish Now' and 'Add To Queue', because initially you started scheduling this post to a certain Time Slot
If you have any additional questions or need more help, don't hesitate to reach out to us at Help@JustSocialPost.com.